The EDUCA Project (funded by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation) at the Department of Economics of the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Barcelona Institute of Economics (IEB) invites applications for a PhD candidate in the project “Understanding social cohesion: the interplay between education and criminal behaviours” (EDUCA, PID2022-140661OB-I00) led by Professor Daniel Montolio.
The successful applicant will become a member of the EDUCA research team. In close collaboration with the PI, and the rest of the research team. The successful candidate will develop a PhD dissertation on a topic related to the project, assist in the development of the research project, present and publish publications related to the research findings, help organize and participate in the project’s events.
• A Master’s degree in Economics or a related discipline with an excellent academic record.
• Strong quantitative/methodological skills and knowledge of Stata/R/Phyton.
• Ability to work independently.
• Interest in the field of economics of crime and economics of education.
What the scholarship offers
• A four-year appointment.
• A yearly salary of 17.652€ (gross) for the first and second year; 18.912€ for the third year; and 23.640€ for the fourth year. If the candidate completes de PhD dissertation in less than four years, the contract is converted to a post-doc contract.
• The project also offers funding for a research stay at a foreign university, and for attendance to conferences and workshops.
All information about the application and conditions can be found here (copy and paste the link if not working): http://www.ub.edu/beques/3rcicle/FPI/convocatoria.html and in here in Spanish.
Applications must include a transcript of record of the studies completed, and a CV following the CVA (ub.edu).
Candidates must apply through the website: http://www.ub.edu/caiac/solBeca?idConvocatoria=50118
Closing date for applications: September 25 at 14.00 (CEST).
Expected start date of employment: January/February 2024
Informal inquiries are encouraged by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org